Sanral 'staff' con public
17 April 2012
Motorists are told that if they fail to register their vehicle, their cars will be confiscated.
Sanral today announced that it is taking these rumours seriously and that it had not instructed any person to contact vehicle owners directly. Sanral urged motorists who receive such phone calls to contact the fraud hotline on 0800 204 558.
Sanral reminded motorists that they can get an ICASA approved e-tag at:
- Checkers, Pick n Pay and Shoprite (R49.95)
- E-toll Customer Service Outlet located at malls or along the Gauteng e-road;
- By ordering it online at www.sanral.co.za
- 0800 SANRAL (726 725)
- By using their existing Bakwena e-tag.
Sanral encouraged Gauteng e-road users to register their e-toll account via one of the following mediums:
- online at ww.sanral.co.za
- At an e-toll Customer Service Outlet located at malls or along the Gauteng e-road
- By printing the Registration Form available from the e-toll website and faxing it to 0800
- SANRAL (726 725) or e-mailing it to email@example.com
- By phoning into the e-toll Call Centre at 0800 SANRAL (726 725).
More than one vehicle can be linked to one e-toll account. Bakwena e-tag holders can only register their e-toll account online at www.sanral.co.za.
Self help terminals are available at selected e-toll Customer Service Outlets. Motorists do not have to supply their banking details and can elect to choose the pre-paid option.