News powered by
General

Building (40 years) burns to the ground

“40 years of our lives down the drain,” says the building owner who could only stand and watch helplessly as his business of 40 years, burned down to the ground.

22 February 2013 | Marizka Coetzer

Current rating: 3 from 2 votes.

The Emergency Management Services (EMS) attended the scene of a ‘fire lit’ wood factory next to Jumbo Meat Market on Main Reef Road at 3am on 22 February.

Both intersections leading to the scene were closed off where somewhat six emergency vehicles worked for over three hours to get the fire under control.

The tip-off to Record by the resident stated that one could hear what sounded like an explosion earlier the morning.

EMS arrived on the scene at about 3am after a fire broke out at around 2am. Fortunately no one was hurt, except for a fire fighter who was injured on scene.

“The fire fighter fell while trying to extinguish the fire,” comments EMS spokes person Robert Mulaudzi.

“She was attended to by ER24 who was also on the scene and later taken to hospital for further medical evaluation for minor injuries.”

The owner of the wood factory that produces wooden boxes for promotional purposes had to be contacted to open the premises for the EMS to gain access to the fire.

It is not yet known what the cause of the destructive fire was.

“40 years of our lives down the drain,” said the owner who could only stand and watch helplessly as his business of 40 years, burned to the ground.

Related articles:

Fire drill conducted at Life Flora Clinic

Alleged illegal miners caught

Burned down house leaves 3 dogs homeless

« Back
SHARE ON:
RATE THIS ARTICLE:
Current rating: 3 from 2 votes.
* Mandatory fields

ADD YOUR COMMENT

Name*:
Email*:
Subject*:
Comment*:

Looking for a car?

Find it in looklocal Cars

Find a job

Find it in looklocal Jobs

Find your dream home

Find it in looklocal Property

Network News

News powered by Moneyweb

Network News

News powered by Moneyweb